Way back in Episode 7 of our Podcast “Colin Bradley Art Cast“, Colin talks about signing your pictures and what he recommends to do. Here we go:
- Use a Faber-Castell Pitt Pastel Pencil in a colour which blends with the picture (avoid using black!)
- Allocate an area of the picture, usually the bottom corner and make your signature readable.
- Some ideal colours to pick from in the Faber-Castell range are 177, 175 or 283.
- Sharpen your pencil to a sharp point
- Do not date your picture.
Of course these are just Colin’s opinions of how he goes about signing his own artwork. It is entirely your choice as to whether you want to do some or all of the above!
What difficulties did you encounter when signing your own artwork? Were you nervous signing your first picture? Let us know in the comments below.
For more Pastel Pencil tips and techniques, listen to our podcast by clicking here!